Saturday, July 19, 2008

Morning Glory, Day Lily, and Lots of Plums



This post is especially for Jen at My Nature Journal. She was talking about how her morning glories were growing nicely and that they had lots of nice leaves but no blooms yet. I told her mine wasn't blooming either but this evening when I was watering, I discovered this bud that looks like at any moment it will be my first *ever* morning glory bloom. I planted pink ones and blue ones so this is the pink one I am sure. I will post what it looks like when it does open up.


This is my new day lily. It is called Shenandoah and I love the way it looks like it has yellow and white stripes. This is the first bloom on this plant too! The katydids and bees really are attracted to this flower.


I haven't ventured out to our back, back yard in a month or so and I did not realize that we had so many plums on our tree. It is so loaded that I am afraid the limbs will break. I am going to have the boys prop the limbs up this week and hopefully that will save the fruit and the tree. I think I should plan on making some plum jelly later next month, what do you think?

Well, that is a quick glance around the garden this evening. I'm sure I will have more to report later in the week.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment