Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yosemite Trip: Just What I Needed



We spent the last week camping in Yosemite National Park and it is just what this weary mom needed. Time in the fresh air and time spent with just the family can recharge your spirits like nothing else can.

The weather was perfect and we spent every day out doing something in the sunshine. I think Amanda and I identified at least forty wildflowers. We saw a bear cub and several new birds for our bird lists. The butterflies were out in force and we took two new hikes into the high country that were fantastic. We took time to look for moths and we were amazed at the variety that we observed just around the lantern at the picnic table.

So get ready for the next week or two....I will be posting lots of photos, stories, and some of my nature journal pages.

I found a new alpine meadow that I could have sat for hours just gazing at its beauty and I will share it's secrets with you in another post. We were the only humans in that meadow and it was an awesome experience in the high country. I wish everyone who reads my blog could have such an outdoor experience at some time in their life.

Anyway, I am back to real life and will be sharing lots with you as the days go on.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment