Thursday, April 10, 2008

April Showers of Photos: April 9



Can you believe how beautiful this flower is? You can not miss it as you hike by. So that was my photo for the theme of "color" from yesterday.

Now, how about this beauty that I saw on a hike. It is a Gambel's quail. Isn't he gorgeous? (Make sure to click the photo to make it larger.)

I was thrilled to see this bird in its natural setting. He sat so still for me to get this close. He had been taunting me with his distinctive call and then my husband spotted him with the binoculars. We were able to slowly move closer to take a photo. This was a fantastic hike....so many birds. We also heard a bunch of coyotes in the distance which was a little unnerving but they quickly moved away from where we were.

Thanks to Jennifer for hosting an April Showers of Photos challenge on her blog S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment