Monday, June 9, 2008

Cala Lily and More Hummingbirds


I was out looking at my newly blooming cala lily this morning and as I peeked inside the flower itself I saw what I thought was a dead insect. I pulled it out but it was not an insect but a tiny little hummingbird feather.


I am assuming the hummingbird had already visited the cala lily and left a little feather behind for me to find.

It is hard to see unless you click on the photo and enlarge it but it is an iridescent pink and green on the ends. I am truly amazed and stunned at how beautiful it is. I give all credit to the one who created this little creature so that even the smallest part of it is so beautiful.

Here is the inside of the cala lily. It is hard to imagine how the hummingbird gets itself into that opening but it must be worth it.

Just wanted to share my treasure for the day.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment