Monday, June 23, 2008

California Coast

So many times people have a certain vision of what it looks like to live in California. They envision the streets of Hollywood or the hills of San Francisco. I live in a totally different environment up in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. Every now and then we get the itch for a little beach time.

The advantage of living where I do is that I can travel in a matter of hours to just about any type of habitat there is except for maybe tropical rainforest. :)

We spent the day on the central California coast driving along the coast and then spent some time on the beach. Sometimes the beaches here are sandy and this one has a coarse sort of sand.

My boys enjoy building with this sand and even though the structures don't last very long, they still enjoy the process.

The one thing that I have noticed about California beaches is that they are always littered with seaweed. I am not a big fan of swimming with seaweed.

I am always interested to see what washes up in the surf and Sunny shares so many cool things that she finds on her Florida beach. Our "finds" of the day included a ten dollar bill and this big piece of green glass.

Lots of sun and fun and relaxation was had by all.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment